Tuesday, November 04, 2008

First



I just came back from voting at 6 in the morning. There were already 20 people ahead of me when I got there before the polls opened. Everyone was in a good mood. I'm just glad that this 8-year long mess is almost over and that we're finally going to have someone intelligent and levelheaded in office. It seems like Obama is really going to win but I won't breathe a sigh of relief until it's over. Here's hoping that all goes well today.

By the way, the print above is by Chicago's Ray Nolan, aka CRO. It's available on his site www.gotellmama.org Ray has truly been in this for the long haul. He independently began creating Obama posters and putting them up around Chicago in the fall of 2006, long before Obama was a household name in the rest of the country. Seeing his efforts manifest themselves both on the internet and on the street these past two years have made me happy and given me hope that this could really happen. Thanks Ray.

No comments: